Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly discussion hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl (and formerly hosted by The Broke and the Bookish), and last week’s topic (that I’m doing this week instead) is “Books on my Summer TBR” and all of these are books I currently have with me in my car or on my Kindle. I read exactly ZERO of my spring books, but to be fair I also moved and probably packed half of them in a hurry. I should call these possibility piles because set TBRs don’t always work for me, but when I’m sitting there wondering what to read, having this list put out there in the world is a great reference and starting point for me.
- Arsenic and Adobo by Mia P. Manasala – I saw this on a table and on a couple of Instagram posts, and it looks like the perfect summer cozy mystery!
- Malibu Rising by Taylor Jenkins Reid – I have enjoyed all of Reid’s recent releases, so I’m sure I will love this one!! I also want to knock out her backlist prior to The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo, but first things first!
- Dial A for Aunties by Jesse Q. Sutanto – I love everything about this cover and the premise, and I hope it’s an alphabet series!
- The Duke Heist by Erica Ridley – Let’s be real, I just need some historical romance fluff to balance out this current chaos.
- Chosen Ones by Veronica Roth – This was sent to me by HMH (thank you!!!) and I’m very interested in the premise! I enjoyed the Divergent series, didn’t quite enjoy what came next, but I’m looking forward to reading Roth’s foray into adult fiction!
- The Pariah by Anthony Ryan – Access to this was included as part of me being a bookseller, and I’m always in the mood to try some new fantasy even though I’m terrible at keeping up with series. However, this one looks gritty and something to balance out everything else I’m reading and wanting to read!
- Dead Dead Girls by Nekesa Afia – Listen, I am in the mood for mysteries and thrillers, probably because they are pageturner likelihoods and I desperately need those, but the cover of this initially caught my attention and then it being queer??? YES thank you.
- Anne of Manhattan by Brina Starler – I just need more Anne of Green Gables in my life, and this contemporary romance retelling set in New York has already ticked off a lot of my yay boxes.
- The Ninth Metal by Benjamin Percy – Something about the cover and the premise caught my attention, and everything I’ve heard about this weird sci-fi has been good things!
- One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston – This has been on my radar since it was announced but then I recently found out that it’s kind of a reinvention of Kate & Leopold which is one of my favorite movies???
What’s on your summer TBR?
2 thoughts on “TOP TEN TUESDAY: Books on My Summer 2021 TBR”
Arsenic and Adobo sounds great! There’s something about summer that makes mysteries even more appealing in my opinion.
My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-books-on-my-summer-2021-tbr/
I always think of the beach and summer vacations when I read mysteries, so that might be why!