Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly discussion hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl (and formerly hosted by The Broke and the Bookish), and this week’s topic is “Cover Freebie” so I decided to look up some books I’ve been hearing about recently and books I’ve been waiting a while for their release and collected all of the covers!
- A Deadly Education by Naomi Novik – I have actually never read anything by Naomi Novik (yet!!), but I love magical schools and this seems to be right up my alley.
- In the Quick by Kate Hope Day – This is compared to The Martian and is about a female astronaut’s life and a love affair that threatens the rescue of a lost crew, and I’m intrigued? The cover of this is interesting, too!
- The Gilded Ones by Naima Forna – I think the date of this one got pushed back, but a young woman who prays for her blood to be a certain color and fate intervening looks like it will be something I’ll like!
- The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V.E. Schwab – This seems like it’s on everyone’s lists this fall, but I’ve enjoyed every book of hers I’ve read, and this one looks to be one of her more ambitious endeavors.
- The Mask Falling, by Samantha Shannon – I’m a book behind in this series, but I’m looking forward to a reread of all of them soon as I got an arc of this! I love binging series, I’ve noticed, so the more I can read at once, the better.
- Malice, by Heather Walter – This comes out like two weeks before my birthday next year and it’s a f/f retelling of Sleeping Beauty, one of my favorite fairy tales, and I just want this in my hands now.
- The Galaxy, and the Ground Within by Becky Chambers – Becky Chambers writes amazingly wholesome and heartfelt science fiction, and I’m very happy to see they’re continuing the Wayfarers series.
- The Heiress Gets a Duke by Harper St. George – I love stuff set in the Gilded Age? Like give me all the things.
- The Witch’s Heart by Genevieve Gornichec – A banished witch who falls in love with Loki??? I love ancient myth retellings, and this one popped up on my radar the other day and stuck.
- Wild Women and the Blues, by Denny S. Bryce – This ties together a film student in 2015 and a chorus girl in 1925 in Chicago, and I’m looking forward to reading a lot of jazz age books this decade.
Are any of these on your radar? What are you looking forward to reading most?
6 thoughts on “TOP TEN TUESDAY: Anticipated Reads Cover Love”
Wow, these covers are gorgeous.
My post .
New covers make me so excited!
What a nice selection of books, and all the covers are gorgeous! The Gilded Ones catches my eye every single time. I’d never heard of The Witch’s Heart, but that cover is stunning, and I’m game for anything with Loki. it sounds great. Definitely going on my TBR!
Here’s my TTT post.
It took a while to narrow the upcoming book covers I like down to just ten!!
Addie LaRue is one of my most-anticipated releases. The Gilded Ones has an awesome cover. I might need to read that book too.
I keep seeing the cover of The Gilded Ones around all of book twitter and instagram, and I need to preorder it at this point!