Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly discussion hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl (and formerly hosted by The Broke and the Bookish), and this week’s topic is “Books I Meant to Read in 2020 but Didn’t Get To.” These are all books I own, so I just looked at my nightstand and TBR cart for inspiration! I’ll be pulling from this for my future TBRs, because these were all titles I was incredibly excited to read when I got them!
- The City We Became by N.K. Jemisin – I love stories about New York, and Jemisin is one of my favorite writers!
- Beach Read by Emily Henry – This was all over the place this past year, and I bought it hoping to get to it sooner than I did.
- Star Daughter by Shveta Thakrar – This cover is so gorgeous, and I needed it on my shelves.
- Cinderella is Dead by Kalynn Bayron – I love fairy tale retellings, and this was on my radar long before it released and I never…. read it.
- Plain Bad Heroines by Emily M. Danforth – All I knew about this was like “gothic” and “lesbians” and I grabbed the arc off my work’s shelf when I saw it.
- Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo – I’ve enjoyed Bardugo’s YA titles, and I’m excited to see what she does for an adult audience!
- You Had Me at Hola by Alexis Daria – I’ve been reading a lot of romance over the last year and a half, and anything to do with the entertainment industry immediately grabs my attention.
- Raybearer by Jordan Ifueko – I keep buying YA fantasy but not reading it, but this is one of the titles that caught my eye because the cover is amazing and the cover copy sounds like something I’d enjoy!
- These Violent Delights by Chloe Gong – A Romeo & Juliet retelling set in 1920s Shanghai? YES. I did buy this much later than its release date, but it’s still one I wanted to try to get to before 2020 ended.
- The Obsidian Tower by Melissa Caruso – This cover caught my eye, but anything with any kind of -mancer piques my interest and this is going on my spring TBR!
What did you mean to read in 2020 but haven’t gotten around to yet?